Do you know what is causing your chronic bad breath? Do you know that you can reverse your bad breath with professional dental care? When it comes to your bad breath, there could be many reasons behind it. To help you understands why your bad breath lingers, our dentists, Dr. John Poulos and Dr. Jaime Poulos with Northport Prosthodontics in Northport, New York, are happy to share insight to give you an idea of what is causing your bad breath.
Halitosis, which is also known as bad breath, has many causes which include:
– Are you noticing signs of bad breath in your mouth? Do you have poor oral hygiene? If so, a lack of brushing and flossing daily can cause bad breath.
– Do you visit your dentist a lot? If you are not visiting your dentist for routine checkups and examinations, you could be increasing your risk for oral health conditions such as bad breath. If bad breath is present, visit your dentist for treatments.
– Did you know that bad breath could be the result of food and drinks you are eating and drinking? It’s true!
– Bad habits and unhealthy lifestyle choices including smoking or chewing tobacco are known risk factors for bad breath.
– If you have dentures, make sure to always clean them every day to lower your risk of bacteria build-up that can cling to them.
– Don’t forget to clean your tongue routinely, as it can often harbor bacteria that produce bad breath.
As you can see, there are many reasons bad breath can be plaguing your smile. If you would like to find out the precise reason for your bad breath, please contact us today at 631-262-0644 for an appointment. Our dental team is happy to give you a dental cleaning to see what is triggering your bad breath, so we can reverse it.